The Rest of June

The rest of June (week 15 and part of 16 of this pandemic) has been good. A little more busy, because the kiddos have had “cousin” swim lessons with Mrs. Pam (well, Jack is taking lessons, and Josie is helping wrangle the little ones.

The Sunday after graduation was Father’s Day. We were all SO tired, so we slept late, and then the kiddos showered Jake with presents and helped me cook a sausage and waffle brunch.

Monday I had a meeting at school in the morning, and then the kiddos had swim lessons in the afternoon. I took some sweet pictures of Emery while the kiddos were swimming.

That evening we went to visit my parents, because we were all missing them, and I wanted to take Daddy a treat for Father’s Day (Golly G’s cinnamon rolls). We ended up eating with them, which was something we haven’t done in ages, and hung out on the porch at the cabin for a long time. It was a much needed and good night.

Tuesday brought more swimming lessons, and more cute pictures of Emery.

We are harvesting out of our garden like crazy now. Squash, zucchini, onions, bell peppers, cucumbers, okra, and blackberries.

Wednesday I had to run down to my parents to pick something up, and Chad happened to be down there- it was so good to see him and get to catch up for a minute. Plus…Sadie is adorable.

Thursday the kiddos and I went to school for the day before swimming lessons, because I needed to pack up my room. Either the wall is coming down in my room to make more room, or I’m moving classrooms next school year-but either way, the room had to be packed up, so I wanted to get it done.

In other exciting news, the footers got poured for Mama Judy’s house last week!!!

And…in not surprising news, this boy never.stops.moving. His current obsession is the slack line. He’s determined to learn “tricks” on it, before he even learns to walk on it. Josie is actually pretty good on it-she can walk halfway across before falling off. They’ve been practicing a lot. But at this moment in time, Jack decided to take a break and climb a tree…..because, why not?

Saturday was rainy, lazy day, which we all needed. It was good. Saturday evening, Jake needed to run to the church building to take back some sound equipment he’d borrowed for graduation. We all went with him, and then decided to use a Chipotle gift card I had to pick up dinner. We picked it up and then went to Sander’s Ferry boat ramp to eat. It was peaceful and the lake was so pretty to look at. And, a good break for us all from our normal.

Sunday was a rather eventful day. Our boat had been in the shop at Willow Grove, and Saturday we found out it was ready to be picked up. So Sunday we decided to drive up there. There was a small chance of rain, but nothing big on the radar, so we packed up our lunch and swimming stuff, and figured we’d spend a few hours on the lake while we were there. WELL. That didn’t happen. It wasn’t raining when we got there, so we paid for the boat, and put it in the water. Right away I could tell something wasn’t quite right-they were supposed to adjust the idle, and it still wasn’t acting right. But, I went ahead and started getting gas…..and then, kind of out of nowhere, a big storm started rolling in. So big that we decided to take the boat out right away before it got bad. And, we are so glad we did, because as we were taking the boat out, we noticed a BIG chunk of fiberglass out of the nose of our boat, that definitely wasn’t there when we dropped it off at the shop.

So, we went to talk to the guy in charge at the dock. While he investigated what had happened, we hung out on the dock while it POURED rain and ate our lunch.

Alls well that ends well- the guy was able to find out by cameras that yes, when they took our boat out for a test run, they had trailered it incorrectly, and that was why the fiberglass was messed up. The guy that did it thought that the ding was already there, which is why he didn’t tell Mickey (the guy in charge). Anyways, Mickey is making it right and getting it fixed. So, we left our boat at the shop AGAIN, and headed home in a monsoon. It poured the entire.ride.home.

Monday Josie had her well check. She’s still a squirt, but not quite as little as we thought. In fact, she had above average growth for the year!

Monday it POURED during the kiddos’ swimming lessons, which they loved, LOL. It also rained when I was picking up groceries. Lots of rain this week, in fact! Side note: eating fresh veggies from the garden, the day you pick them, is one of life’s best simple pleasures.

Yesterday after swimming lessons Josie and I made 3 big batches of jelly- one batch of muscadine and 2 batches of blackberry. I’m trying to use up all of last year’s fruits before I fill the freezer back up with this year’s!

And now it is July! With how crazy this year has been, I have no clue how this month will go!

Leave a Reply