March…So far

The first 10 days of March have been EVENTFUL.

Last Sunday was the 1st of March. Josie and Jack went to the last Vandy home game with Nana and Shshr. They have really loved going to the games this year. They actually enjoy watching the GAME, not just all the events around the game (although they love that part, too.) Jake and I went grocery shopping and had a lunch date while they were at the game.

That night I took Josie and Hannah to youth group. Jack stayed and hung out with Nana because Jake had men’s Bible study. So I actually had a little bit of time to myself to do some random clothes shopping! That has not happened in a long time. It was nice.

The next day was a normal Monday. We went Mama Judy’s for dinner and celebrated Abby’s birthday.


That night we went to bed like normal. It was raining. Nothing big….we heard some thunder during the night…still, nothing to be alarmed about.

The next morning, Tuesday the third, we awoke to the news that tornadoes had Nashville and Cookeville-big, major tornadoes. Lots of people killed. Many homes destroyed. It was sad and very real and still is. School was cancelled because authorities were trying to keep people off the roads in Nashville. Our school was not affected, but many of our school families were without power and their neighborhoods were hit hard. Some of our school families just got their power back today, a full week later.

Wednesday and Thursday were busy days at school, prepping for Friday’s Grandparent’s Day. Thursday was a particularly hard, stressful school day for me. So after school Jake took the kids and I to Opry Mills to go shopping, just because. I got some clothes, Jack bought a video game with some of his birthday money, and Josie bought several scrunchies (who would’ve thought scrunchies would be all the rage again…). We ended the night at Chuy’s for dinner.

Friday was Grandparent’s Day at school. Kind of a crazy day, but the kids did well.


Our kiddos are so blessed to have so many grandparents that get to come and watch them and love on them.

It is a tradition that the kiddos go home with Grammy and Pappy after the program is over (it is a half day of school always) to spend the night. So they did!

I had planned to stay at school and finish up my report cards….but plans changed. Jake and I had not planned to go to our school’s gala…but we got a last minute invite and changed our minds. So, change of plans, Lindsey and I decided to go to lunch and shopping…because the gala is cocktail formal, and I had nothing to wear!

We went to Opry Mills. We did some speed shopping, but had a lot of fun! I didn’t get even one picture of the two of us, but did a couple of try on pics.

I bought my first pair of heels…ever. Made me feel like a grown up, LOL.

Lindsey had to head back home after we got done at Opry Mills, but I headed to Rivergate to do some more shopping. SO rare that I go shopping all alone! But it was really nice.

Meanwhile….Josie went to a craft night with Grammy at Casey’s church- she had a lot of fun!



That night Jake had a video game night with Nick, and I picked up my friend Megan and we went to Golly G’s to get coffee, then came back to the house to just hang out. I didn’t get one picture, but it was so nice to see her!

Saturday morning Jake and I slept late and then went to Springfield for a lunch date….because I was craving McDonald’s…which is so random. But I had been craving a hamburger, and because of my crazy meat allergy, McDonald’s is one of the few places I can eat a hamburger and know I will be safe (Note: that totally means McDonald’s hamburgers are not real beef). After that we decided to go to the Antique Barn, because it had been awhile. We scored several cool things, and could have bought more! A really cool sign (that at one time hung next to a pool-it was pool “rules”), and some crocks.


Then we ran by Lindsey’s so I could grab some make up from her….but soon decided that she would just do my make up for me, and I would do her hair, LOL.

So Jake and I headed home to get ready, and then headed BACK to Lindsey and Josh’s to finish getting ready.

I don’t think I’ve been this dressed up since we got married. And I’ve definitely never worn this much make up. But it was SO MUCH FUN to get all dolled up.


It was a fun night. The event itself was not as much fun as the before/after, but it wasn’t bad. Fernando Ortega was the entertainment. The funniest part of the whole evening was when Jake drank a whole cup of coffee…without sugar….just to have something to do. I was cracking up (because Jake doesn’t like coffee at all!). I love him. So glad he is my forever date.


The kiddos ended up just spending the night with Grammy and Pappy again since we were going to be so late, so Sunday morning we were up BRIGHT AND EARLY. We had gone to bed late, AND it was time change…so were tired. Jake headed to church to practice guitar, I headed to mom and dad’s to get the kiddos. After church we ended up back at Mom and Dad’s because they gave us a new-to-us antique cabinet.


Then we headed home for naps before heading back to church for a youth group meeting/youth group for Jo.

Monday and Tuesday the kiddos and I didn’t have school. Since we haven’t had any snow days, our headmaster gave us a couple “days of rest.” Much appreciated! Jake also had a day off on Monday. So we enjoyed just hanging out. Jake took the kiddos to ride their minibikes while I stayed home and cleaned house.

Last night the Roses came for dinner. It was so nice to hang out with them. I, again, didn’t get one picture. But it was a good night.

Today the kiddos played while Jake and I worked. He did his regular work, and I had to do my report cards, since I hadn’t done them on Friday. But it was nice to be able to work on my couch!

Tomorrow it is back to normal.



Leave a Reply